Sunday, April 02, 2006

So today I played with JohnnyBax...

Today I decided not to bother with limit, as I had tons of work to do so I decided to play just one huge tourney and cash in. It came between the 1 mill guaranteed and the 125k on UB, but I decided on UBs. Anyways the first hour went really well, I built my original stack of 2500 to about 4k, and after busting someone, I get moved to table 11.

Hey look! There's iMsoLucky0! Hey look! There's Shawn Rice! Hey look! There's JohnnyBax!

What kinda sick twisted UB tourney would have all those people at one table this early? Luckily, the two guys got moved after a couple of orbits so it was just Johnny and a buncha donks (including me). I picked up a lot of hands in hour 2, and built my stack up to 8k, till I donked off a couple thousand when I called a shorty all in with a-j on the button, and a shorty in the SB woke up with kings. Oh well, ended break 2 at 6885.

Hour 3 was insignificant, no big hands, but I made enough steals so that I could survive. Ended that just above avg at 6900.

Hour 4 was probably the worst hour of my life playing poker. It stank. The blinds were high enough so that I had limited moves, and the hands I got well...yea. I hit 0 cards and my steals were constantly getting picked off. I was totally outclassed. I made many steals going all in, but by the time we were at 300/600/75, I was down to about 4k with just about 40 till the money.

Then I pick up the Hellmuth (9c-9s), and move in, big stack calls with As-Qx. Flop comes Qs-Xs-Xs, and that pretty much just makes me gag. UNTIL THE SWEET BEAUTIFUL RED NINE came out of the sky...

No wait that was a red 8. Oops.

108th out of 628, yuck. Oh well. I guess I should stick to limit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Alaska Airlines
Web Page Counters