Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Took down a MTT!

Ok, the topic is misleading, while it was a MTT, it was a really really small one. A $100+9 6-Handed MTT. When I saw only 12 people and 2 alternates, I decided to take a shot. First off, I was insanely lucky to even GET IN THE TOURNEY. There was a min left in the second level (After the second level no alternates would be taken). The shortest stack was 2k with blinds at 10/20. No shot right? Well a straight ran into a flush, and boom I was in on the last hand of level 2.

My table was 5 handed by the time I got in. 11 people were in, and 11 people lasted through the first break. Gotta be a new record. Small blinds + small field = really boring play. It was quite obvious that I was the table captain, I won 40% of the hands, with 5 people, I was catching lots of cards but also stealing and re-stealing a lot.

I built my stack slowly and slowly to about 5k (everyone started with 2.5k), and it got cut in half when my A-Q ran into A-K. I kept jamming and jamming, hitting lots of cards, for example I raised with J-Q got called by 10-8 and the flop was 8-9-10. With 7 people left, I knocked out the shorty with 10-10 vs 5-5. I was now the chip leader going into the final table.

The FIRST hand of the Final table, I get my lucky hand (8c-8s). EP raises, a call by the person 2nd in chips (Button), and I call from the SB.

Flop 10-10-8. Yummy.

EP raiser bets, Button raises, and I re-raise, EP folds, button moves in with J-10, I call and my hand holds up. All of a sudden I am a massive chip leader.

I knock out someone with Aces, then with 4 left, I raisewith 9-10 on the button, SB calls, and we see a flop.

Flop is J-8-7. Seriously? SB bets out, I flat call. Turn is probably the worst card, a 10. Now the straight is really obvious. SB leads out again and I push expecting a chop. SB folds his 10-8 face up, and I'm pissed. If that 10 doesnt come I woulda probably had most of his money. However he was seriously crippled and busted out.

3 handed, I get Kd-3d on the button with a massive chip lead and the blinds were really small still. They were 100-200 and I had 21k, and the two others had 9k (SB) and 5k(BB) respectively. I pop it up to 600, and the BB calls.

Flop is 7-2-6 with 2 diamonds and we go check check. Turn is the Q of diamonds and he checks, I lead out, he pushes and I call instantly and he shows his Q-10 and I get a massive chip lead heads up.

Heads up was a nightmare through the first 10 mins, and I was getting pushed around pretty badly. His button raises were monstrous, with the blinds at 200 he would raise to 3200? I called him once with K-J and folded to a insta push.

We got back to even, and after i won a pot, this hand happened:

Blinds 100-200, stacks 18.5k (Me), 16.5k (Opponent)

I raise with 8c-9c to 900, and I get re-raised to 2700. He's been doing this regularly so I flat call.

Flop is K-9-9. Bingo bango bongo, showtunes going off in my head and all that crap VVP has to say. BB bets 3k and I flat call.

Turn is a 8, and he moves in, I call quickly and he shows K-8. My hand holds up, and I am the worldwide champ of 15 man tourneys.

1st for $750, not a bad payday for less than 2 hours of work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Alaska Airlines
Web Page Counters