Friday, August 04, 2006

Sidebets at the Jays game

Not poker related, but my cousins and I had a buncha sidebets during the whole game, which now that I think about it, were really stupid. But thanks to the free beer we got at the Windows Restaurant, all sanity was lost.

These are all the sidebets I remember making

It all began with "How many pitches will Roy pitch in the first inning?" and over under. I lost that.

$5 that Toronto wouldnt score in the first inning, they scored 3.

$5 that Johnny Mac wouldnt hit into a DP, he did.

$5 that Podsednik would steal a base once he busted, he did.

After AJ hit that 3 run homer, I put $5 that Halladay would STILL get to the 8th. He was pulled in the 7th.

$5 that Jeremy Accardo would give up at least one run with 1st and 2nd with 0 out, he gets a DP and a K.

$5 that Accardo would throw less than 5 warmup pitches, he threw 6.

$5 that we could get Vernon Wells to turn around by yelling his name. He didn't turn around, But Alex Rios did when they were making the pitching change.

$5 that Speier would go scoreless. He gave up a single to Gload, steals, then Dye singles him in.

$5 that Jenksy would go scoreless in the 9th. He gives up a 2 strike 2 out HR to Troy Glaus.

And my favourite bet:

$5 on how many bums we would pass on our walk back to the Car. I bet 4, and my cousin bets 5. of course we had to pass through about 5 bums at one corner alone.

All in all, I lost aton of money, but it was a good time. Oh, and thanks for sucking Blue Jays. Now I can dream for next year and hope the Red Sox don't make the playoffs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Alaska Airlines
Web Page Counters