Monday, April 10, 2006

I just want to run my head into the wall sometimes.

I totally remembered why I stopped playing tourneys. The same pattern happened again. Rape the first hour, and then the good old 2nd hour collapse

$1 mill guaranteed = SB vs BB battle (me in SB): 5-6 os, fold to me, limp, BB checks, flop 7-10-4, check/check, Turn is an 8, we get all our money in, he flips j-9. Ok fine, nothing I can do about that.

$11 rebuy = Attempt a steal with 8-6 os, get called by A-2 in the BB. Flop 8-6-A. Board pairs Kings.

$11 double shootout = Get it all in with 3 left with K-Q, get called by Q-J. Flop K-10-A. No chop.

$50+5 90 man SNG = Steal again with 7-9 suited, get called, flop k-7-9. We get all our monye in, he flips over K-J wha? (We were 3rd and 4th in chips with less than 20 remaining), turn 8, river 10.

$100+9 SNG = Pick up AA, Flop Q-2-4. I bet and he check raises me, I flat call looking to get all his chips in the middle on the turn. bad move by me, turn is a Q and A-Q gets me again.

Then today, I'm on a killer run on AP (Dipping to 3-6 short and clearing a bonus), when this happens:

Get dealt Q-10 OS in the dealer position, folded to me and I raise it, BB 3 bets and I call. Flop is:

Qh-10h-8d. We cap the betting, making it 4 each.

Turn is the sweet Q giving me the nuts. No possible way to lose right?

He bets, and boom, there goes my connection. Nope, that's no lie. I'm sitting there thinking there is NO way this can happen, and of course I get all in protection and win a little pot (when I got back the table said he had 8s!), so at least 5 more bets was coming through. The worst part was that I was browsing FCP and SRK at the time, so I KNOW it was just fucking Absolute Poker screwing me.

Another couple of disconnects, and I'm forced to shut off my session a little early. It was a winning one, but good god, the players were so bad. I know I shouldn't be whining after a 3 digit session, but still...I coulda made at least triple of what I did grinding it out.

AP Session 4/09/2006:

Hands Played: 542
Total Amount won: $111.50
BB/100: 3.43

Tourney Stats (4/09/2006):

-$215 -$55 -$22 -$11 -$109 = - $412

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Alaska Airlines
Web Page Counters