Thursday, April 27, 2006

Splurging on books

I spent around $150 on books today, and also signed up for pokerxfactor.com. I've decided to take a break for a couple weeks, and when I come back, hopefully the cards go my way and I can start winning some of these damn tourneys.

Not to mention, a month ago the only books that Chapters had was Super System, Hellmuth books, and McEvoy books. I go today, and just about EVERY book that has gotten good reviews was there. Harrington, Esfandiari, ALL of Skalansky, it was insane. I'm definately gonna pick up Harrington on Holdem V3 when it comes out. I wish they had Ace on the River by Count Chocoula (Greenstein), but maybe they'll have it when I go back in a month to get The Workbook.

And now, the books I picked up:

One of a kind: The Stu Ungar Story
Positively Fifth Street
Theory of Poker (Skalansky)
Best Hands I've ever Played
The Making of a Poker Player (Matt Matros)

Most of these were just entertainment books, but I think I'm behind by not reading Theory of Poker. Any knowledge is good knowledge.

Also I've listened to just about every Hand history that JohnnyBax has posted on pokerxfactor. Man he is a beast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Alaska Airlines
Web Page Counters