Friday, May 26, 2006

The Formac Experience

After watching X-3: The Last Stand at like 3 pm for some reason, I decided to go to Formac, since a lot of people ahve been talking about it. Well, I took a bit out of it, but mostly the fact that people that play in bars (even for real money), generally stink. After posting the ridiculous rake ($5 for a $20 tourney?), and 42 players later, I was ready to go.

6k in chips, 25-50 to start. The cards werent with me tho, as a couple of calsl with suited connectors and mid pairs didnt happen. I got wittled to around 4k by the time the blinds were at 100-200, and this happens:

A guy who was playing really well, probably the only good player at the table, raised to 600, DONKEY shoves for 3000 (this guy was playing about 75% of the hands, just calling and such), and Good player calls. Players show:

Good: AsJs
Donkey: Jc-6s

Well you should know how this story ends, Donkey spikes a 6, and doubles up, and here comes the beatdown.

A guy who was constantly shoving with mediocre hands when he hit the flop and SHOWING everytime decides to call for 200 (he had about a 5500 stack), Donkey calls, and the flop is j-4-2 with 2 diamonds. Mr. Mediocre doesn't shove but bets 200, and donkey calls. Turn hits the flush, he bets 200 again, and donkey shoves. A quick call foro 5500 when he was obviously playing the flush, and he shows...j-5. Sigh. Donkey is now a force to be reckoned with.

I pick up 8-6 suited and limp after 3 limpers, take a flop of j-j-3. The good player bets 600, and he was the only person i was willing to bluff against. Anyone else I felt woulda called me with a 3. I pop it to 2k, basically showing I'm committed, and he folds 4-4. He's now obviously on tilt and downto 2k. I told him I had 6s to make him feel better.

After that I started to push and splash around more often. I bust a player with K-5 on a K-J-3 flop when I overplay the hand and he calls with..Ace...Jack? Ok, I hold, and I'm up to 8k.

I raise it up the next 4 hands and people are getting sick of it. I pop it to 600 again with A-Q,and antoher decent player raises it to 1600. I call, and flop is Q-10-2. He bets out 1500 and I push, and he folds, and I say "J-J isn't good", and he looks at me and calls me a "fuckin bitch",then shows J-J. I decide to be nice and show the A-Q.

My stack is around 15k at the 200-400 level, and donkey who is still playing 75% of hands, busts out about 5 people. The first one he calls 2500 with A-4, and he busts the good player's A-K.

Then with the blinds at 200-400, the guy with JJ shoves, and he calls with A-5 again for 4600 this time, up against A-9. I deal the 5 ont he river, and people are starting to get sick in their stomachs. The guy is smiling and saying how easy poker is, and I think the remaining people just wanted to punch him in the gut and leave him gasping for air.

The next guy he busts out, he re-raises 4k when the guy already put 5k in with Ac-7c against a guy with sunglasses and basically looked like one of those hotshot young guys. He had K-K.

Flop had 2 clubs, and you know how it ends. Well the twist is that he hit running 7s.

After that, he busts out 2 players on the most sickening hand I've seen.

He raises to 2k with Ad-Ah, and old chatty lady calls with Js-9s, and another old guy calls with 6-6.

Flop is 6s-10s-Qc. Everyone gets their money in, and 6s looks like he's taking it. Turn is a 9, no help to anyone, and the MIRACLE ONE OUTER hits, the Ace of Clubs. Unbelievable. Donkey is now up to 35k at the 300-600 level, and I'm the only one left at the table that he hasn't busted out. The new guys that arrive are just in disbelief.

Break time comes and I watch the hockey game and discuss with the railers what a lucky guy he is. Since blinds are going up to 500-1000 and I had a measly stack of 10100, I was in short stack ninja mode, and willing to get my chips in, especially against donkey.

Oh how stupid I am.

The first hand back, I get dealt Ah-9h, donkey raises to 3k and I shove. He calls 7k with...K-4 os. Beeeeeeeautiful.

Flop is 8-10-J. I'm cheering for 3 acrosses (7s,8s,9s,10s), because that would basically lock it up for me. Turn is a sweet sweet 4, and I'm sick to my stomach. However all is not lost, I still have 14 outs (3 aces, 3 9s, 8 outs for the straight), and I get the THREE ACROSS THAT I WANTED.

It was the 10c. I shove the chips to him, and for the first time in a while, have a cigarette cuz I am steaming, talk with a couple people for about 10 more mins, I come back and 2 more people are leaving and shaking their heads, the donkey just busted two people out with 3-7 suited.

So...19th out of 42. Not bad, not good. Right before I leave, I see the kid's mother talking to him and they are smiling. That damn smug smile of his. I hate poker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Alaska Airlines
Web Page Counters